Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

HayaJohn

RVF Newbee
Hey all, I’m new to the thread, and new to the camping trailer game! I just purchased a 22 Clipper 12.0 TD Max, and am looking for some portable solar panel options to boondock. I live in Arizona and get plenty of sun to do so. If anyone has experience with the Clipper and installing solar, utilizing the solar ready ports I’d appreciate some insight on what is required. If you could also let me what solar system you went with I’d appreciate it. Even if you went with a cheap Amazon set that works! Thank you for your time!

Welcome to the group. I do not know a yo about the Clipper or much about solar. There are a lot of members here that can help with solar. Try posting the question on a different page of the forum. There are several. Good luck.

This equation has requirements on both sides. I'd start with a $150.00 set of panels - 100 watts total production - and hook these up per the instructions - they are not bad panels. Move them around periodically to face the sun for max production. Get a second set if you like these panels.

But also consider lowering your power consumption by converting every lamp and light bulb to LED.

Rick

Latest resources

Back