Coachman
RV Model
Chaparral 360IBL
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2018 KIA Niro
Fulltimer
Yes
Before I go buy a drain snake I wanted to ask here for any advice. My family and I have only been in the rv about 2 weeks now.

My sinks and shower are clogged up! My RV is a 2021 Coachman Chaparral 360IBL. I keep the drain valve open on the grey tank since my family and I are full timing, and my tank monitor shows the grey tank is empty. I worked the valve open and closed a couple of times just in case I didn’t fully open the grey tank drain valve the last time I drained the black tank.

I removed the P trap under the kitchen sink and everything back drained through that opening. So the stoppage is somewhere between the P trap and the grey tank, I’m guessing anyway.

Is there anything besides a drain snake that can be used to dislodge whatever is stopping this up? It is a 100% clog. It’s not even slowly draining.

Well, I got it figured out. Come to find out, there are 2 grey tanks on this RV. In the wet bay, there are 2 valves. One for the grey tank and one for the black tank. The control panel inside has the ability to check 2 black tanks and 2 grey tanks, but the salesman stated it only had one grey tank and one black tank. Even after reading literature, nothing talked about 2 grey tanks.

So I crawled under the RV to take a look, and I discovered another dump valve that is about 10’ away from the wet bay, and is positioned in between 2 slides. So I pulled the valve and everything drained out the way it should.

Thanks for letting folks know, glad you sorted it. "salesman didn't know" is the most common refrain in the RV world, especially if they work for some of the mega stores.

Glad you figured it out.

Latest resources

Back