Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

70mustang

RVF Newbee
Completely new to motorhoming!! I have a 1997 santra. We were running the generator last night and it ran out of gas in the night. Woke this morning and cannot shut the coach batteries off with the switch. The LED stays on constantly. My steps won’t retract and the generator won’t even try to start with the switch. I can hear a click when trying to start generator but won’t activate. My water runs when flushing and using the sink. I have read it’s possibly a solenoid???

Normally there is a Master Cut-Off switch for the batteries. Mine has 2. One for the coach batteries and one for the chassis batteries. Located in the battery compartment. Not sure about yours.

My guess is the batteries are old (and won't likely accept a recharge) and can no longer deliver enough amps to retract the steps or restart the generator. But . . . there's the tiniest spark of life in the battery remaining to illuminate that LED.

Rick

Jump start gen. And recharge what's left of battery. Change out bats. Install manual battery cut off on house batteries.

Latest resources

Back