Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Odetymes

RVF Regular
I have a 2019 Ventana and noted that two of the eight coach batteries is no longer show "green" when I check their charges. I do maintain them, however it was suggested and said replacing only the two will NOT affect the overall performance. Certainly less expensive to do this when needed, but I don't want to reduce the overall capability. I was also told that I SHOULD NOT keep the coach plugged into show power all the time but give the batteries a break for a few days at a time.

The person suggesting I replace batteries and unplugging occassionally as needed is an Electrical Engineer and one would think he knows his stuff! Would appreciate any input on the matter and thanks to all.

Two failed batteries will shorten the life of the complete bank! Take them out of the circuit!
A battery maintainer will do just what your engineer friend told you to do, without you having to think about it!

If you want to keep the same capacity, the only practical way to do it is replace all the batteries.

I have a 2019 Ventana and noted that two of the eight coach batteries is no longer show "green" when I check their charges. I do maintain them, however it was suggested and said replacing only the two will NOT affect the overall performance. Certainly less expensive to do this when needed, but I don't want to reduce the overall capability. I was also told that I SHOULD NOT keep the coach plugged into show power all the time but give the batteries a break for a few days at a time.

The person suggesting I replace batteries and unplugging occassionally as needed is an Electrical Engineer and one would think he knows his stuff! Would appreciate any input on the matter and thanks to all.
While your reference may be an EE it's important that the subject expert know your RV and it's setup. Most of us are plugged in non stop except for driving, even as such as the alternator is doing the charging. It's important your inverter/charger is configured properly and maintaining the batteries including doing equalization to desulfate them on intervals depending on the battery type, I did mine every 6 months. These RV's take quite the education and time to learn and configure.

You should not have 2 dead batteries out of the bank but something could have gone bad on you. Some say you can't just change out 2 of them, doesn't make sense to me, but hopefully you can ensure they are working, give them a charge, try a desulfate (equalization) (google or search this forum on how to do that) and see if that helps. Also make sure your charger settings are correct for your battery bank.

Having same problem. One battery of the new set, absolutely dead under load. Was in there fir a year before replaced. Likely destroyed the other five. Considering getting Li. Hate to spend money, but batteries onlyhold coach for five hours before shutting down. Will get a battery monitor that can more accurately display state of charge.

Latest resources

Back