Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

modrob

RVF Regular
Again…my 2002 Tiffin Allegro Ford gasser…
Not finding specifics on some wiring, and a bit near impossible to track them down when they’re behind walls, ceilings, etc…would love to find some kind of diagram that I could get a clue from…
Example: behind the dinette booth on the wall facing the front, and to the right, above the stove is an On-Off switch. I can’t find what it goes to, but there is power on it. I pulled the microwave to track down the wires (2 black on one lug and a green on the other) but they disappear into the ceiling, along with several other wires. (Maybe some are related to the sensor panel under the microwave?) Also, I want to add a light over the table, and want to pick up power from behind the microwave…
Any ideas? I’ll try and attach a couple of pics.

Attachments

• 2263D762-B2DA-4511-941D-036E4B000E45.jpeg
    2263D762-B2DA-4511-941D-036E4B000E45.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 7FDAA948-CA54-49B0-8427-896B3F95821E.jpeg
    7FDAA948-CA54-49B0-8427-896B3F95821E.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
We found you can trace wires with a signal producing tool behind most walls. For a short in the CanyonStar we just went to the mothership Service.
There was a short we chased for a year. Had several “techs” at dealerships tell us they could not find it.
At Newmar Service within 10 mins the electrician at Newmar identified and replaced to shorting harness. I explained what was effected, what fuses were powering the circuit. He walked over to the unit opened the basement door, look in and then retrieved the harness from parts and replaced it. Amazing to me but the Electrician worked the assembly line and new where that wire was precisely.

We found you can trace wires with a signal producing tool behind most walls. For a short in the CanyonStar we just went to the mothership Service.
There was a short we chased for a year. Had several “techs” at dealerships tell us they could not find it.
At Newmar Service within 10 mins the electrician at Newmar identified and replaced to shorting harness. I explained what was effected, what fuses were powering the circuit. He walked over to the unit opened the basement door, look in and then retrieved the harness from parts and replaced it. Amazing to me but the Electrician worked the assembly line and new where that wire was precisely.
Thanks for your reply. I have a tracer of sorts but I think I’ll have to find a better one…
I’m sure there are some gurus out there that have a lot of first-hand knowledge at these things if we can just get to them, just like your Newmar guy. Or even owners that have been in our same spots. Forums like this have always been a great help to me…
I’m hoping someone else has that same On-Off switch and can “shed a little light on it”…😊

Latest resources

Back