Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RVF Regular
Good evening,
Leaving on Monday morning in -3* weather headed towards warm. Is there any adverse effects towing our 5th wheel in that cold air?
Thanks Dennis

Sure hope not. I'll be in the same boat. lol

I think there is no adverse effects for towing in that cold air..but make sure that at these cold times anything can happen..be prepared well by insulating your fifth wheel..There are several ways to insulate them: foam insulation boards, bubble insulation, solar blankets, etc. For extra warmth, line your windows with heavy-weight thermal curtains. You may also want to go over your RV windows and doors with a layer of RV sealant or caulk, just to ensure they're nice and weather-tight.

You may also want to go over your RV windows and doors with a layer of RV sealant or caulk, just to ensure they're nice and weather-tight.
What a way to make an RV loose value.

Good evening,
Leaving on Monday morning in -3* weather headed towards warm. Is there any adverse effects towing our 5th wheel in that cold air?
Thanks Dennis
This may come as a surprise to some of you but I had a radiator freeze in a van the family had in Phoenix AZ years ago. I didn't take the time to warm up the van. If you wait to hook up till morning and have the engine running while you do, you will avoid that.

Ice on cleared roads will likely melt in the morning but those bridges.... well those bridges.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back