RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Winnebago
RV Model
Itasca Suncruiser
RV Length
35U
Ours is a basement unit in our Itasca Suncruiser 35U. Both compressors run fine on shore power; however only one runs when on genset (Onan Marquis Gold 5500, 1750+/- hours). House control panel is set to 30-amp. 30-amp breaker on genset is On. Do I need to check something else?
Could 30-amp breaker on genset be bad?

Have a safe Holiday weekend, All. ??

Did they both run on generator power at one time? The reason I ask is I’m wondering if your system might be set up to only run one AC on the generator to avoid overloading it.

TJ

The seller said they had both run on genset before we bought it. How can I check the setup?

Does everything else run on the generator as well as shore power? If not, the generator side of the transfer switch may have a problem. If each AC has its own breaker and both units run on shore power, then something is amiss with the circuit that switched between generator and shore power. Does the generator have two breakers, or a double breaker? If so, on of the breakers (or one side of the double breaker) may be bad.

That’s an odd situation, but there’s likely a pretty simple solution once it is identified.

Good luck.

TJ

Ours is a basement unit in our Itasca Suncruiser 35U. Both compressors run fine on shore power; however only one runs when on genset (Onan Marquis Gold 5500, 1750+/- hours). House control panel is set to 30-amp. 30-amp breaker on genset is On. Do I need to check something else?
Could 30-amp breaker on genset be bad?

Have a safe Holiday weekend, All. ??
Hi from key largo
I have a 05 Sunflyer
Same set up
After one year
Of repeat Elertric issues I can not stress enough the use of a Hughes Autoformer
For shore power safety!!!!!! Best investment. Maintaining the 120 sweet spot on voltage is a big deal!!!!
Installing a Micro-Air easy start run capacitor on the Coleman Mach it needs two ! It runs fantastic!! On generator no problems. It is easy to install.
It also helps to switch the water heater to propane and avoid additional amp draw on generator
Good luck !!?

Latest resources

Back