• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Comfort Drive replacement problem?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thanks Rich, I thought that was the correction for the early systems. I will give it a whirl and report back.
We will be just down the road from you tomorrow night, going to Thunder Valley to see Journey in concert! It should be fun watching the old geezers play. :cool:

Thanks for the links Rich!. It took a few tries but it finally woke up the CD. All is good now. We will just see if the fault returns and how often. I will record any failures in my log.

Looking at the random Posts regarding systems on the Newmar DPs, I am hoping that purchasing the DSDP is not going to be a problem filled experience 🤔

Last edited:
From what I have read over the past 8 months since thinking of going with a DP and then buying the 4081 DS, it does not matter how much you spend on these big toys, there will be problems. I really think in comparison, the Newmar has the best over all quality in build, but they are far from perfect. Yesterday I noticed a rear wheel skirt was loose at the bottom attach. I found that there were two self tapping screws drilled into the attaching flange but not engaged in the frame. The frame bracket was bent out of the way so the screws missed it. Hard to believe that the tech that installed the skirt did not notice this nor did any of the inspectors. I bought the coach new so unless it was damaged and then repaired poorly enroute to Ca, the factory guys got a little sloppy. It is a small detail but for a $600,000 coach, these little details should not be overlooked! I picked mine up 400 miles from home on a tight schedule. If I had it to do over I would give myself a good full day to go over every square inch of the coach and allow time to have even the slightest discrepancy corrected before taking delivery. As a whole though I am still thrilled with the purchase.

Latest resources

Back