RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2013 Ford Explorer
I have one of the GP folding ladders except mine is a 7 foot model. Nice to have on the road, particularly for cleaning the windshield and installing outside window shades. I mounted a 6" dia. piece of pvc to the frame rail to store it and keep it off the bay floor.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Canyon Star 3710
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2017 Gmc Terrain & 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR-2
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
New Aire 3543
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I have the 7’ GP as well... @Someday Came, the PVC on the frame rails is a great idea.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Canyon Star 3710
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
I also carry a very light 6' folding aluminum step ladder for the windshield, windows, etc.
With all the tools, compressor, , CR spotless washer, power washer, electric "stuff", along with washing, waxing, and cleaning supplies; I'm beginning to feel like a miniature rolling Ace Hardware store!!😄😉

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
London Aire
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2008 Jeep GC Overland
Fulltimer
No
I carry the GP 7' too. I installed a 5" plastic fence post in a pass thru bay and it rides there.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I have a 6-7 foot "stick" ladder like the OP, I think I got it from "spit" Camping World. It is flimsy, I've jumped off this thing no less than 3 times to save from falling. I borrowed Renee's (@ARD) telesteps ladder to put my windshield gutter thing on and it was solid and safe. I may get one myself if I can figure out where to store it. It was nice as the ladder rungs had a back part that went vertical so your feet have stops. It's pricey but quality. She uses very thick pool noodle foam on the top left/right section for where it makes contact with the coach.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I just ordered my 16ft telesteps direct from the manuf as it's free shipping so $50 less than you'd get on Amazon. I'll figure out storage of this but I really need to lose the stick ladder, it is UNSAFE! I do have a rear ladder but there are times I need to get up front or sides so this will be good to have and last going forward to any future ladderless coaches.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4018
RV Length
40’
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Boy, the ladder @Jabber Jaw purchased is listed for $89 and the one @Neal purchased is listed for $304. There’s gotta be a reason but I don’t see it in the write ups. Is the more expensive one worth the huge difference?

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Canyon Star 3710
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Boy, the ladder @Jabber Jaw purchased is listed for $89 and the one @Neal purchased is listed for $304. There’s gotta be a reason but I don’t see it in the write ups. Is the more expensive one worth the huge difference?
Neal has a lot more money than me!😉

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No

First difference is length. If you go to the 15.5 ft version of the "$89 model" the price jumps to $180. I don't know about any other telescoping ladder, I don't know the background of why/how @ARD chose the one she has, I'm sure it was recommendations from others. She also researches intensely, I've tried to spend her money bypassing the scrutiny, never worked :) I borrowed her telesteps brand 16ft ladder and the quality was outstanding, the design was a winner to me (mechanical engineer brain), and the ease of retracting them was ingenious. The rungs have red/green indicators to indicate the security (latched) which is very important for safety. I own an unsafe ladder (stick nonsense) and want a safe one I am not going to fall off of. My father was in a wheel chair (not from a fall), my uncle is in a wheel chair paralyzed waste down from falling from a ladder so I'm very sensitive about ladders and the trend of my father and his brother I want to be sure I don't follow. The rungs have a vertical toe guard per se to keep your feet from slipping forward. I'm very happy to pay a premium for this ladder I ordered as I believe it is premium. I am at a point and have been a long time in my life to buy things once, but it right the first time. Okay, I bought a stupid stick ladder, now I'm buying a telescoping ladder that will last me for life.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4047
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CR-V
I'm with @Neal on buying quality stuff, especially when it involves safety. In the long run, buying "once" saves you money...and, could save your life.

TJ

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4018
RV Length
40’
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I'm with @Neal on buying quality stuff, especially when it involves safety. In the long run, buying "once" saves you money...and, could save your life.

TJ
I knew I should have purchased the Essex😆!

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
24' Enclosed (Mini & Harley)
So far I have been able to get by with my aluminum 8' step ladder. I have been able to travel with it initially in my enclosed trailer and now mounted on the deck of my Tandem Tow dolly. It must be a little easier to use because two of my buddies here at my winter site have a couple different types of telescoping RV ladders and they keep coming by and borrowing mine.

If my toad ever changes to where I can't haul my regular 8' step ladder then I'll be shopping for the telescoping type.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4369
RV Length
43’ 9”
TOW/TOAD
2016 Colorado
Fulltimer
Yes
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4081
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
RV Year
RV Make
Coachmen
RV Model
Freedom Express 192RBS
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Dodge POWER WAGON
I have a 6-7 foot "stick" ladder like the OP, I think I got it from "spit" Camping World. It is flimsy, I've jumped off this thing no less than 3 times to save from falling. I borrowed Renee's (@ARD) telesteps ladder to put my windshield gutter thing on and it was solid and safe. I may get one myself if I can figure out where to store it. It was nice as the ladder rungs had a back part that went vertical so your feet have stops. It's pricey but quality. She uses very thick pool noodle foam on the top left/right section for where it makes contact with the coach.

that is a freaking awesome ladder. I don’t think we need one that tall, but I’m going to look into them.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
My telesteps arrived and I decided to use the gen bay for storage. I just put it on top of the gen and secured it with lashing straps to left/right posts (not yet installed in this pic) as I take this bay very seriously in that if anything comes out it could kill someone. Don't need any more drama in life!

IMG_1454.JPG