Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thank you HH
How did you work the deal out I was looking at the same unit

There are Pro's and Con's debated in a thousand threads across the RV forums.
IMHO there are certain things you get with a DP that you will NEVER get with a gasser, I have had both.
1. A much smoother ride, thanks to air bags verses shocks and springs.
2. Much more pulling power aka torque, 10K tow vs 5K towing. Power to climb the steepest grades.
3. A much quieter ride, no screaming engine up front next to you.
4. Air Brakes & exhaust break, not even close to drum brakes on a gasser.
For me I had my gasser for two years, a Tiffin Allegro 2019 32 SA. Bought a new Red 33 AA DP and never looked back.

HH
Wow! Your 2019 had drum brakes? My 1994 adventurer had all wheel disks! A 545 that didn't get stressed even on the passes in Wyoming. Maybe Ford isn't as good as some think it is!

You knew that what you would get, were a bunch of cocks strutting their stuff. I don't know why it is so but it is! Asking for opinions is like asking who sits on their a## ##le!

The art of the deal for a new RV is not complicated. You can usually buy a BRAND NEW say 2023 ordered coach from a reputable Tiffin dealer cheaper than you can usually paying for a used one or two year coach on Rvtrader and such. But you will probably have to contend with sorting out all the bugs that come with a new coach.

I sold my Tiffin 32 SA privately at the height of the demand for RV's during covid. So I was very lucky I got what I paid for it . Then I put my order in for a brand new Red 33 AA 2021 BEFORE Tiffin had two price increases. My local dealer is Stotzfus RV in West Chester PA.

If you sell your RV privately you will almost always get more for it than trade in value from a dealer. I made over $30K MORE from a private sale than what my dealer offered me on a trade in.

First you are going to have to fill out a purchase sheet of the model and options you want from a reputable dealer. The Big 3 that used to give good Tiffin discounts are all gone swallowed up by other companies. I would get a bid from Kings Campers and NVIRC. I would try to work a 30% discount off the MSRP price of the coach. You can get a MSRP price sheet usually from Tiffin or their website. RV sales are down. it is NOW a buyers market. Good for a buyer, not so good for a seller. Get the best quote you can and if you don't want to deal with them take it to the dealer of your choice and say match this quote and we have a deal.

Well that's how I did it and it worked out fine for me. I have about 11K miles on my coach and did a 6000 mile trip out west last year. I was sure glad I had a DP pulling some of those mountain passes pulling my Jeep Wrangler.

HH

If you're looking for a Diesel pusher, you'll find some nice rigs that are pre-DEF. We have a 2001 Monaco Exec 43' Diesel on love it. It's quiet, its Cummins 515 easily pulls our Chevy Colorado toad up mountain roads.
A major drawback to Diesel is its current price which is well above gasoline. It now costs about a dollar a mile to move the Monaco. Mileage at 1600 rpm (68 mph) is about 6.8 to 7mpg on flat eastern highways.

Like Headhunter - went through the same thing on the 2019 Tiffin 32SA we had. Spent a ton of money trying ti improve the ride and handling. After the last big trip in 2021, got fed up with it and traded in for a Tiffin RED 33AA and never looked back. Much happier with it, handles and rides better and is quiet. If I had it to do all over again, would have bought the RED when we were looking in 2019..

Latest resources

Back