Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
In the north Texas 88 hours sub freezing. I filled the fresh water tank Sunday afternoon and disconnected the city water hose. Monday morning my tank indicated empty and no water coming out of the faucets. Tuesday, mid-day, still in teens, bright sunshine. The gauge now shows 1/3 tank level. I turned on the pump, rechecked I am on dry camp. A little water spat out of the bathroom sink but nothing from galley sink. I can hear the pump running.
How does the water level go up? Anything I should do as, hopefully, the thaw continues?

no water coming from Park water supply.

In the north Texas 88 hours sub freezing. I filled the fresh water tank Sunday afternoon and disconnected the city water hose. Monday morning my tank indicated empty and no water coming out of the faucets. Tuesday, mid-day, still in teens, bright sunshine. The gauge now shows 1/3 tank level. I turned on the pump, rechecked I am on dry camp. A little water spat out of the bathroom sink but nothing from galley sink. I can hear the pump running.
How does the water level go up? Anything I should do as, hopefully, the thaw continues?

no water coming from Park water supply.
Heated fresh water tank?
Depending on location of pickup hose it may have frozen.

Have no idea what sensors your rig has. But if you filled on Sunday unless you have water everywhere, you should have water in the tank.

Unless water is being pumped out of a cracked line, my guess is a problem with the pickup line, or strainer.

As a precaution I would turn the pump off unless I could babysit the thaw process until I had time to check for leaks.

Here is my tank sensor. Now, 3:00 PM, it shows 2/3 full but still no water to faucets with pump on. Temp 27 low tonight in teens.

Attachments

• IMG_2091.jpeg
    IMG_2091.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
I don't trust pump sensors, ever. And it sounds like you have a frozen spot in the pump piping. Check the input side of the pump, I have seen a lot of the screens freeze first. If you can, get some heat on it.

I don't trust pump sensors, ever. And it sounds like you have a frozen spot in the pump piping. Check the input side of the pump, I have seen a lot of the screens freeze first. If you can, get some heat on it.
Hair dryers work for this.

Latest resources

Back