• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Convection Microwave

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
On our 2017 DS the crazy Newmar installers put screws right through the front of the microwave into the cabinets above. Terrible way to install and really not hard to do it correctly.
I don't think there is any other option as normally the MW is secured by screws from the top cabinet alone with a support bracket on the back. The cabinets above our MW's are narrow spice cabinets.

I don't think there is any other option as normally the MW is secured by screws from the top cabinet alone with a support bracket on the back. The cabinets above our MW's are narrow spice cabinets.
No problem mounting it correctly. The screws go neatly into the spice cabinet. You do, however, need to put a piece of 1/2” plywood on the wall to bring the unit out slightly….not at all noticeable. Newmar just doesn’t want to spend the time during construction so they just slam it in and throw a bunch of screws haphazardly through the top front of the unit.

120V Advantium is 925W if I recall. There is also a 240V version but I don't have a 240V outlet.

There is no comparison between the 240V Advantium and the 120V version used in RVs. The 240V model can use the Speedcook and microwave modes simultaneously which makes it a much more powerful cooking tool. We had one in our last s&b.

OTOH in our MH we have no particular need to cook so quickly, so we've never bothered to add an Advantium to it! LOL

Here is what I'm going with which I'm waiting on Lowes to restock as I get 10% off as a veteran. Other stores including Costco, Home Depot, Best Buy all have stock.
Home Depot gives a 10% to vets. You just have to ask the cashier when checking out. I do it all the time.

Home Depot gives a 10% to vets. You just have to ask the cashier when checking out. I do it all the time.
My understanding is they only do so on weekends. I didn't fight wars on weekends so I don't give them my business after they told me that when I did ask. I prefer Lowes anyways.

My understanding is they only do so on weekends. I didn't fight wars on weekends so I don't give them my business after they told me that when I did ask. I prefer Lowes anyways.
No it is all the time.

Funny thing. If you don't register with Lowes you can't get a discount. I don't much care for Lowes anyhow. I check regularly by presenting the ID. I like ordering online as I can get just about anything even if it is not in the store at homedepot

Plus, Home Depot is a Tunnel to Towers sponsor.

Latest resources

Back