Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Drelles

RVF Newbee
I have a 2004 Fleetwood Prowler Regal, Model 285 RLS. It has stopped charging the (brand new) battery, I believe the power converter has failed. I looked in the fuse/circuit breaker housing, not there. (All fuses are good) I’ve checked every nook and cranny I can think of, but can’t find the darn thing to be able to check it. Anyone have any ideas or experience with that model who can tell me where it is? TIA

Did you pull the inside cover off the fuse/breaker box? On several of my previous RVs trailers and Class C’s) the converter was built in to the whole assembly. An indicator would be a cooling vent at the bottom. On my 2010 Bay Star it was external and mounted near the inverter.

Thanks for replying! That was the first place I checked, not there. Nothing but a thin circuit board for the fuses, and a thin plastic panel for the circuit breakers.

I found it!!! In my front pass-thru storage area, there is a well concealed panel on the rear wall, behind it is where the converter is located. It tested with an output of only 8.3 volts, so a new one has been ordered and on the way. On the other side behind another panel is the pump for the fresh water tank, and I took the opportunity to clean the pump filter housing which was very clogged.

Latest resources

Back