Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Yukon Denali
Fulltimer
Yes
Every time I tackle cleaning the induction cooktop, those pesky metal posts manage to turn a simple task into a time-consuming chore. I've even attempted yanking those posts out (probably not the smartest move), but unfortunately, I haven't had any luck.

So, here's a thought for the folks at Newmar: Consider adding rubber feet to the cutting board/cover thus eliminating the need for those bothersome posts.

Every time I tackle cleaning the induction cooktop, those pesky metal posts manage to turn a simple task into a time-consuming chore. I've even attempted yanking those posts out (probably not the smartest move), but unfortunately, I haven't had any luck.

So, here's a thought for the folks at Newmar: Consider adding rubber feet to the cutting board/cover thus eliminating the need for those bothersome posts.
I agree !

I agree, those metal posts are a pain. Adding something to the cutting board is a great idea.

I wouldn’t like this idea, as we leave our covers flipped with the cutting board side up. If you want the cleaner look you just flip the boards over. We use a small hand vac for crumbs and for deep cleaning just lift the cooktop.

Just another thought along these lines I wondered about the other day….

They added the nice cutting board insert to the underside of the stove covers - wouldn’t it be nice if they did the same to the sink covers.

Would be more convenient since at least one of our sink covers is normally off.

These "suggestion/recommendations need to be sent to NEWMAR!
Attention: Engineering Dep't

Fascinating. I thought of attaching a cutting board to the underside of a sink cover.

I once made a "jokers and pegs " board out of our cutting board.
One side game the other for serious business. Why not, of course an end grain board may be to thick.

Interestingly enough, our 17' 3736 DS came with cutting boards on both cook top covers. We never use them, the wife found thin, flexible plastic cutting boards to use instead.

Attachments

• cutting board.jpg
    cutting board.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 20231028_064717.jpg
    20231028_064717.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
Interestingly enough, our 17' 3736 DS came with cutting boards on both cook top covers. We never use them, the wife found thin, flexible plastic cutting boards to use instead.
Ha, ha. I have thin ones under my slide rollers. Guess I can use one when slide is open. Another great space saving idea.😂

Latest resources

Back