• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Cost of DEF

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Don't know bout youonze but I just bought 10 gallons on Facebook Market Place for $20. That's $2/gal.
I have one of those gauges to test the DEF for specfic gravity and they all tested good!
In 3000 miles, I've only used 2.5gals.

We full time so space reserved for other things. Been filling at TSD approved Truck Stops now for 4.5yrs. No problems yet. Good Luck? Maybe I shouldn't have posted this...... Oh no....

All fuel is filtered. I understand questioning the competency of the people changing the filters. But at some point, questioning every aspect of your life gets old. I trust that my oil in the jug is what it says it is and my gas is such and such octane etc. Things do happen, but living in fear of those things is ridiculous.

Just saw a alternate venue for the box DEF users yesterday. I was at Tractor Supply and they had blue DEF for $16.99, Shell DEF for $15.99, and a brand called Traveller for $8.99. All 2.5 gallon jugs.

I've been buying DEF at walmart since 2019 and never had any problems.
First time I bought it it was $7.88 for a 2.5 gallon jug. Now it's $9.98 for the same 2.5 gallon jug.
Why would anyone pay more for "premium" name brand DEF when it all has to meet the same specifications?

I've been buying DEF at walmart since 2019 and never had any problems.
First time I bought it it was $7.88 for a 2.5 gallon jug. Now it's $9.98 for the same 2.5 gallon jug.
Why would anyone pay more for "premium" name brand DEF when it all has to meet the same specifications?
Supposedly there are “additives” in the premium stuff that they claim help maintain the system but from what I’ve read there’s no proof to that claim and IMHO its just a way to charge more for the same product.

Supposedly there are “additives” in the premium stuff that they claim help maintain the system but from what I’ve read there’s no proof to that claim and IMHO its just a way to charge more for the same product.
My thought on this is similar to lets say Hydrogen peroxide! there is the regular stuff on the shelf then there is food grade! food grade has no additives, but the shelf variety has additive. The additive extends the life, but is bad for you to drink! My guess is the additive extends the shelf life!

Well that's what I believe anyhow!

If you read the label on the Blue DEF Platinum it says
"Maintains optimum fuel economy"
"Saves money on costly repairs"
"Sustains the life of you SCR system"
This is all marketing BS because none of that is measurable or quantifiable.
They're simply preying on gullible people.

If you read the label on the Blue DEF Platinum it says
"Maintains optimum fuel economy"
"Saves money on costly repairs"
"Sustains the life of you SCR system"
This is all marketing BS because none of that is measurable or quantifiable.
They're simply preying on gullible people.
Won't argue that point!

Latest resources

Back