Question Covering of Front Captain Seats Is Flaking Off

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I second Bauer.

Thios is not limited to RV furniture. My Mom bought a $677 recliner for her apartment. In less than 5 years it is doing the same thing. My office chair is in the S & B and is about 15 years old. Good furniture today seems to cost thousands per piece.:cry:

HI, and thanks in advance if you have helpful advice.

I have a 2019 Thor Aria. Both front Captain chairs have the covering (Pleather?) flaking off. This seems to have happened overnight.

The RV has been stored inside (air-conditioned garage) since it's purchase, and no cleaning agents or chemicals have been used on the seats.

I am the second owner of this vehicle (less than 10K miles), and unfortunately the first owner only got the basic one-year warranty.

I called Thor, and they informed me that since the RV was not under warranty, they would not cover the issue. From what I have read, this is a common problem with this Make and year.

Question: Has anyone dealt with this, and had any luck with Thor standing behind their product for what seems like a cronic quality control issue?

Thanks
I found covers to place over existing covered chairs, not perfect but at least looks much better.

Latest resources

Back