RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire
RV Length
45'
I just bought a 2007 Mountain Aire. It has a beautiful floor except for one severely cracked tile. I called Newmar hoping to get a replacement, but they said the tile has been discontinued and don't have any information other than it's 14" x 14". It actually measures 13.5" x 13.5".
It seems like an odd size. If I could find out the thickness, I could probably find something close in a larger size and have it cut down.
I'm pretty sure the color scheme is Tussah.
Does anyone have experience with replacement tiles for the older Newmars?
Thank you,
Chris

Attachments

• Mountain Aire Floor 1a.JPEG
    Mountain Aire Floor 1a.JPEG
    469.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Mountain Aire Floor 2.JPEG.jpg
    Mountain Aire Floor 2.JPEG.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
I think you'll find most 14 x 14 tiles are actually smaller (crazy methods of measurements allowing for grout lines etc.) I'm thinking you should be able to find something very close to the same coloring if you'll shop in-person. Never quite understood ceramic tile in motorhomes. So much twisting and turning, cracks are inevitable. Good luck

Sadly, there likely was a package of extra tiles included with the coach when it was new. Apparently, they have either been used previously or have become separated from the coach. If you could find the original owner, the extra tiles may still be with him/her. Slim chance, I know; but a possibility.

Otherwise, find a good tile shop and see how close they can match the existing tile.

TJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back