Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
450 hp Cummins
TOW/TOAD
3017 Colorado
Fulltimer
No
So here I sit. Just finished changing belts. Started the coach to make sure everything was “up to snuff”. After the coach ran 15-30 seconds, it went to high idle and has been here for close to an hour. No notices on the dash. Is it in regen? Can I plug in while it is running to see? 19 Dutch Star, Freightliner chassis

You didn't happen to hit the cruse control button by any chance? If you did, press the "cancel" button.

No. I just tried hitting to see if would shut off. No change

I suggest calling the 24/7/365 Freightliner Help Desk. 800-385-4357

Dash Air Conditioner on?

I don't recall all the specifics but there are several reasons it will go to high idle on its own and dash air is one of them. If its doing a regen, tapping the brake will interrupt it and your HEST lamp will illuminate, so that would tell you. Regarding plugging in, it depends on what you have but there is no issue with accessing the J1939 port while running if thats what you mean. It could also be a result of temp or combustion monitoring but the duration of the high idle seems to indicate regen. At this point, if mine does it again I’ll just let it do its thing.

You know, there are a large group of kids that will be graduating from college in the next week that did not get nearly the education you can get from owning one of these rascals. Yes the air conditioner was on. No it was not in regen. Yes I am a little smarter. No I didn’t realize that two of the adapters in the diesel handheld would fit the plug. I guess I passed a couple of classes this morning. Don’t panic over high idle 101, and how navigate a diesel handheld 4201

Latest resources

Back