• Commercial/Vendors welcome

D... Motor Vehicle Dept.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Haha. Looks great. Any complaints from the neighbors yet?

Can’t get temp tags. HOA just made me move it out yesterday. Had to borrow a friends dealer tags to get it to my shop. DMV said 4-6 weeks thru the mail. Glad I don’t run my business like they do !

Welcome. Nice looking rig. For that bad of a ran DMV you must be from Illinois?

Virginia, west of DC. A well run govt. would have set all those staff that are twiddling their thumbs ( because of Covid restrictions at DMV offices) up to handle the increase in mail in transactions. But I guess that idea didn’t occur to them.

Florida... best run state in the US right now

After we bought our coach, we had temp tags for the first 90 days. Dealer sent out title but never sent the registration paperwork. 85 days in I happened to glance at my tags and noticed they were expiring in 5 days.

Called the dealer to ask where my tags were, they said call the DMV. Called the DMV and they said we see your title but we never got paperwork for registration.
I told them my tags were expiring in 5 days and then needed plates immediately. They said the only way to do that was to come into a DMV office. We were in Florida.

So I booked a round trip flight the next day from Orlando to Reagan National. Took an Uber from Reagan National to the DMV like 9 or 10 blocks away. Walked into the DMV in Alexandria, VA and walked out with tags within an hour. Return flight was that evening so I went and had lunch in Old Town, came back to the airport and worked on my computer. This was pre-COVID of course and no appointment was required then.

6 months ago, I had to go back to get our truck titled and registered as I’d bought it out of state in Chicago while we were in Nappannee, IN. After leaving Indiana, we set up our return trip to pass through the SW tip of VA. I had checked the DMV website beforehand and found that there was one of only 2-3 DMVs in the state that wasn’t requiring appointments due to covid, which are impossible to get because they are booked out months in advance, in the area. That was our whole reason for going back to VA as Mail service to Richmond would have taken longer than out temp tags would have lasted.

They kept everyone outside and all transactions were performed 1 by 1 through a mail slot in a glass door. I was there for three hours but left with plates and tags the same day.

it was the Nathalie Select DMV if you are interested.

Last edited:
Appts for walk-in are 2 months out. Bought Tiffin privately, so didn’t have the dealer expediency. After I mailed my application I talked to my buddy with the dealer plates....he said he could have gotten them for me right away.
& my wife had told me to call him......I’m reminded every day ! ?

Appts for walk-in are 2 months out. Bought Tiffin privately, so didn’t have the dealer expediency. After I mailed my application I talked to my buddy with the dealer plates....he said he could have gotten them for me right away.
& my wife had told me to call him......I’m reminded every day ! ?
I'm sitting in Arkansas waiting for the same thing. My domicile is in Oregon.

Oregon won't even let you make an appointment for title and plates. I'm stuck by mail (up to 19wks!!!)

The site across from me has an Allegro Red and I'm a little jealous. I'm sure you are packed and ready to roll...

Latest resources

Back