RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler JL - 75% set up
Fulltimer
No
Third party TPMS - not OEM

I cannot read the TPMS display that ‘auto dims’ when on my coach dash. If I create a brighter daylight, by using a white card to reflect outside light it brightens and I can read it fine.

But during daily driving the TPMS display thinks it is dark and that I don’t need a brighter display.

Anyone deal with this?

I don't mount my TPMS on the dash, it's low and right of the steering wheel. Initially I did and when I got the new TST color display they didn't have a good mount so I 3D printed one that velcro's to the dash near the key. Point is you don't need to be looking at your TPMS. It will alarm based on your parameters. At that time you can look at it as needed. In my opinion it is not something you need to be monitoring assuming you have alarms and can hear the alarm. Mine is loud, it has gone off, I pull it from its mount and review as needed.

I don't mount my TPMS on the dash, it's low and right of the steering wheel. Initially I did and when I got the new TST color display they didn't have a good mount so I 3D printed one that velcro's to the dash near the key. Point is you don't need to be looking at your TPMS. It will alarm based on your parameters. At that time you can look at it as needed. In my opinion it is not something you need to be monitoring assuming you have alarms and can hear the alarm. Mine is loud, it has gone off, I pull it from its mount and review as needed.
My experience almost exactly with the only differences being that mine is low and to the left and its EZ TPMS…everything else is spot on.

X2 with Neal. The first couple of RVs I had my monitor was mounted. I actually built an aluminum "tunnel" over it, so it was viewable in the sun. However, for the past several years I simply have it sitting in a tray up front. I check it before hitting the road and of course if the alarm goes off.

Latest resources

Back