Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Edward

RVF Regular
2006 W24. Read about issues where unit does not blow cold. No leaks. Unit serviced. Trying new expansion valve this week. Is this an airflow across the condenser issue? Should I be thinking about installing another fan? Or has someone come up with a good fix?

We had a 2006 Winnebago on a Freightliner.. And the cab A/C was a near-constant issue. We would have it fixed - it usually was needing coolant.. It was never very impressive at cooling, but , hey, we're in Texas. We finally installed a curtain on the tension rod separating the cab area from the house, and it helped.
When it hit 85 outside, we'd turn on the 2 windshield fans. In extreme heat (90+) we'd turn on the house AC.
But I realize this doesn't sound like your problem. I just wanted to chime in that we had issues, too. However, we were able to get cool air occasionally.

2006 W24. Read about issues where unit does not blow cold. No leaks. Unit serviced. Trying new expansion valve this week. Is this an airflow across the condenser issue? Should I be thinking about installing another fan? Or has someone come up with a good fix?

We had a 2006 Winnebago on a Freightliner.. And the cab A/C was a near-constant issue. We would have it fixed - it usually was needing coolant.. It was never very impressive at cooling, but , hey, we're in Texas. We finally installed a curtain on the tension rod separating the cab area from the house, and it helped.
When it hit 85 outside, we'd turn on the 2 windshield fans. In extreme heat (90+) we'd turn on the house AC.
But I realize this doesn't sound like your problem. I just wanted to chime in that we had issues, too. However, we were able to get cool air occasionally.
Found three issues with my unit. First, the box over the evaporator was loose and pulling away from the firewall and letting hot air in around it. Second, the engine coolant lines to the heater core were still hot and fighting against the cool air so I installed a bypass valve. Third, and most importantl,y is the poor design for holding the lines to the a/c compressor. One bolt and a plate hold down two seals, if that bolt backs off the tiniest bit it allows for a leak at the seals. It looks as if somebody was chasing this problem before, installed a new compressor and left the old seals, also.

Found three issues with my unit. First, the box over the evaporator was loose and pulling away from the firewall and letting hot air in around it. Second, the engine coolant lines to the heater core were still hot and fighting against the cool air so I installed a bypass valve. Third, and most importantl,y is the poor design for holding the lines to the a/c compressor. One bolt and a plate hold down two seals, if that bolt backs off the tiniest bit it allows for a leak at the seals. It looks as if somebody was chasing this problem before, installed a new compressor and left the old seals, also.
well I can wish I could look at our old coach and see if we saw anything like that. But oh well the new coach does a fine job of cab air.

Latest resources

Back