Chassis
Ford
Engine
E350
TOW/TOAD
None
Fulltimer
No
My dashboard on my 2021 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser 5245 motorhome stopped working. It is at the Ford Dealer. They sais it was a coach problem after market add on. It is fairly new. Bought it in 2021. Contacted Gander RV where I bought it from, they said that there are no after market add ons. Can someone help me to under the issue and how I can get it fixed? I can drive it, just no dashboard instruments. The lights and radio work.

Please help....

Thank you,

Teresa S.

well as long as the radio works….

But seriously you are unfortunately stuck with both entities enjoying the luxury of deniability and it would be difficult for you to prove otherwise. Are they saying they can’t fix it, or are they just saying its not a warranty issue?

And I am guessing you or they have tried killing all 12v power to it for 10 minites of so to see if that clears its head? Since its all gauges it is most likely a control module thing and not the dash gauge cluster. Anyone check for DTCs?

well as long as the radio works….

But seriously you are unfortunately stuck with both entities enjoying the luxury of deniability and it would be difficult for you to prove otherwise. Are they saying they can’t fix it, or are they just saying its not a warranty issue?

And I am guessing you or they have tried killing all 12v power to it for 10 minites of so to see if that clears its head? Since its all gauges it is most likely a control module thing and not the dash gauge cluster. Anyone check for DTCs?
Hi Rich,

Ford is saying they can't fix it. They are saying it has to do with the coach part of they RV. Gander said it was Chassis. When I go to Ford tomorrow I will try what you have suggested. What is DTC? I am sorry. I am learning process.

I appreciate all your help.

Thank you,

Teresa S.

Diagnostic trouble code. Plug a code reader in to the OBD2 port and see if there are any codes. They probably haven’t even done that. Ford dealers are kind of notorious for trying to avoid responsibility for warranty issues. And I’m guessing the builder had a one year warranty. So they can both say its on the other guy…..or you. I’d say its a chassis thing but they (Ford service centers) are the ones who approve or disapprove a warranty claim. Our local dealer in Auburn Ca is clearly dishonest and its probably not the only one. Since its a safety issue, you can file a NHTSA complaint here: Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA

Thank you Rich for the information. I will find out more tomorrow at the Ford Dealer. By the way moved from San Diego August 2018 to the small town of Grand Saline TX.

They all seem to have a "reset" procedure. Not usually in a manual. As suggested, I would try this...if it doesn't work try disconnecting all 12 volt power for a few minutes.

"If you have a newer Ford vehicle, you can reset the instrument cluster with the following steps:

• Turn the ignition on without starting the car.
  • Press and hold the multi-instrument display or MID button located on the steering wheel or dashboard.
These steps should allow the instrument cluster to reset itself. However, if they don't work, or if you have an older Ford vehicle, you can try the following steps:"

Here’s some background info that might be helpful:
A little more on instrument re-set
You can also ask the question here:
I’ve had very good results for many Ford issues on that site.

Good luck!

Let us know what happens…

Latest resources

Back