Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Trooper4767

RVF Newbee
So my question is if I winterize a trailer and then don't use it the following year do I need to de-winterize it or would it be fine to be left in storage and not need to winterize it again?

Welcome to RVForums @Trooper4767. I think you're fine leaving it, you essentially put a food safe anti-freeze (pink fluid) in the lines and as long as the water is displaced and you have the anti-freeze on top of that you're fine.

Welcome to RVF, @Trooper4767; glad to have you here with us.

I think it depends a bit on how you winterize it. If all the water is drained and the lines re blown out, then I don't see anything more to do the following year. OTOH, if you winterize with RV antifreeze in all the lines, one year holdover would probably be OK, but antifreeze loses its efficacy over the years.

What I would pay attention to is rodent and insect prevention, removing any food items stored in the RV, and any other liquids stored there. All rodent and insect prevention measures should be checked every few onthe and renewed, as necessary.

And, to some extent, it does depend on the winter temps you expect to experience. If you won't experience severe cold, that's one thing; extended below freezing temps is another consideration.

That's my take. Others will certainly chime in as well. Good luck.

TJ

Latest resources

Back