• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Dead toad - windshield wipers?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
No device necessary, unless the hot wire is meant to provide power for additional things. On my coach, pin 7 was already live. All I did was get a 7 pin (round) cable to fit the coach to 5 wire flat adapter (6 wire round also works). Four are used for lights and the 5th goes directly to the positive terminal (with in-line fuse) on the battery.

No device necessary, unless the hot wire is meant to provide power for additional things. On my coach, pin 7 was already live. All I did was get a 7 pin (round) cable to fit the coach to 5 wire flat adapter (6 wire round also works). Four are used for lights and the 5th goes directly to the positive terminal (with in-line fuse) on the battery.
So follow the flow!!! What I mean is, what is the voltage on pin 7 when acc is on! Is the voltage still at charge maintenance voltage 13.6 even when the brake lights come on? Depending on length of and size of wire, this may not be so! If the battery voltage is higher than pin 7, the power will come from the battery! Basically the maintainer is a boost converter that will supply 13.6 volts, no matter what the voltage dips to on pin 7.

It will likely work without, but you may still have a depleted charge. That being the case, why not just put in a maintainer???

Voltage on pin 7 is only live when engine running (turning key to ACC does nothing). Pin 7 is intended to provide 12v for (general purpose) towing applications.

First thing to check is the 7 pin connector, Pin ?? for 12v power (maybe pin 7 or some other pin depending on how coach is wired or not). Then determine if there is 12v power, When said power pin is powered, key on, always, etc. This is to avoid chasing your tail when configuration is wrong ( do not ask how I know this:() .
Once you have determined your source, just follow the wires on your vehicle connector to determine which wire has the constant 12v to the positive and ground lead to a 12v battery charger. Then attach the wires of the 12v battery charger to the battery.
Smarter electricians feel free to correct me...

And to not disappoint Towed Battery Charger Plus for flat towing

Last edited:
And just in case there is a question on standard 7 pin wiring

Latest resources

Back