Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Deer Springs RV Park, Franklin, NC—Gorgeous!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LeslieGary

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4362
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
Engine
TOW/TOAD
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
If you’re looking for a beautiful place to escape the recent heat wave, this is it! Elevation 3400 feet, just miles from the Appalachian trail. Despite the mountains, the trip in was stress free with four lanes 90% of the way.

We’re in site #1, a pull in with concrete pad, gazebo (with refrigerator), and two fireplaces.

Attachments

• IMG_1526.jpeg
    IMG_1526.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 19
Our first time here—but so far, so good. I think you’ll like it!

Watch out for those owners. They have a tendency to delight their guests turning them into raving fans.

It was interesting how quickly alcohol evaporated when Jim was around.

It was interesting how quickly alcohol evaporated when Jim was around.

Well, there might be a grain of truth to that. But in my defense, I'm actually hiding it for my financially struggling friend @GlampDaddy, who visits a couple of times a year to refill his cooler.

There was a rather sketchy moment a while back when I came down to the park and found all the guests packed into the pavilion. Walking over to investigate, I suddenly realized I was the guest of honor at my own intervention! I barely escaped into the woods, where I hid for several days behind an old still that someone—no one knows who—had abandoned after it was drained of all its contents. :p

So, you see, I'm actually a victim of misconstrued circumstances. I should be viewed as a hero, redirecting demon drink from those who have excess, and distributing them to those in need.

It's a tough, ungratifying, and thankless job, but somebody has to do it. 😄

Well, there might be a grain of truth to that. But in my defense, I'm actually hiding it for my financially struggling friend @GlampDaddy, who visits a couple of times a year to refill his cooler.
And...I was just telling the DW that it's either time to make a run to the liquor store or head back to Deer Springs. :cool:

where I hid for several days behind an old still that someone—no one knows who—had abandoned after it was drained of all its contents. :p
Wow—locally made libation! This park has has some great amenities!

If you’re looking for a beautiful place to escape the recent heat wave, this is it! Elevation 3400 feet, just miles from the Appalachian trail. Despite the mountains, the trip in was stress free with four lanes 90% of the way.

We’re in site #1, a pull in with concrete pad, gazebo (with refrigerator), and two fireplaces.
I don’t think it gets better than that! Wish we were a bit closer. 3k miles one way is a bit of a jaunt for us these days.

Latest resources

Back