Chassis
Spartan
Engine
400hp Cummins diesel
TOW/TOAD
None
Fulltimer
No
Good morning, My 2003 American eagle is starting to develop some bulging on the driver's side, and now even worse under drivers window. It is occasionally called delamination. I was wondering if anyone had a way of halting the progress of this. There is no water intrusion from the roof that I can find, it's a great one piece curved fiberglass roof in great condition. I did reset all the screws that run along the seem of the drip edge front to back on both sides. Any information would be appreciated. My coach just depreciated greatly due to this seemingly avoidable problem

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211230-105147_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211230-105147_Gallery.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20211230-105214_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211230-105214_Gallery.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20211230-105203_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211230-105203_Gallery.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 31
This would typically fall under a structural warranty. I may be wrong but I think NIRVC is handling American Coach now?

Thanks Neal, I figured the warranty was expired being my coach is 18yrs old. I'll make some calls though, you never know. Thanks

Good morning, My 2003 American eagle is starting to develop some bulging on the driver's side, and now even worse under drivers window. It is occasionally called delamination. I was wondering if anyone had a way of halting the progress of this. There is no water intrusion from the roof that I can find, it's a great one piece curved fiberglass roof in great condition. I did reset all the screws that run along the seem of the drip edge front to back on both sides. Any information would be appreciated. My coach just depreciated greatly due to this seemingly avoidable problem
Would bet the window frame to wall is your leak source.

Inspect closely and you will find separations. It doesn't take much but let unchecked will pass a lot of water over time. This is what causees delam.

There is most probably sealant or tape seal between the window flange and the interior wall.
Remove window and reinstall.

I personally use metallic tape over the wall opening without extending to a point the window frame won't cover. This protects the wall structure.

Next I seal the flange to wall after completely cleaning all residue where caulk will go.

Install window and remove excess sealant. Let cure 7-10 days then use sealant (very small nozzel) and install a 1/16. - 1/8" bead around the frame to wall. This will be the alarm you will see a void in and can maintain in the future.
If you are not good with a caulking gun,,,,,Tape is your best friend.

This reply is worth what you paid for it and rests as " JMHO" ( Just My Humble Opinion)

Thanks, I'll start with the drivers window, which is the worst. Have a happy new year. Imput is always appreciated.

Keep in mind that if sealant tape was used as the frame is compressed it will take a while for the tape to settle out and stop oozing out ( before installing last sealant bead)

Ok, I'm searching to see if the process is on YouTube. Either way it must be done.
Thank you.

Latest resources

Back