Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

fpicker5

RVF Newbee
We are interested in a 2007 Keystone Zeppelin II Z242 with significant delamination of the front end cap and moderate delamination of the rear end cap. If we seal it up and keep it sealed will it continue to get worse anyway, or is it something we can likely live with? J D Power lists average retail for this model and feature list at $9235.00 and low retail at $7650.00. If the delamination is something good maintenance going forward will allow us to live with, how much should it affect the price? Is delamination likely figured into J D Power's prices for something this old?

Delamination typically means water damage. I would be very concerned. I would say price low side for sure. 6000. - 6500. Just a guess

Sealing any exterior leakage would just trap remaining moisture. Most likely place for it to wick out and make dry the inside of the wall/ceiling is to the inside where, if not present now, would mean water stains.

Stains are cosmetic, I'd be concerned with mold in the affected areas. Mold = health hazard. I would walk away.

We are interested in a 2007 Keystone Zeppelin II Z242 with significant delamination of the front end cap and moderate delamination of the rear end cap. If we seal it up and keep it sealed will it continue to get worse anyway, or is it something we can likely live with? J D Power lists average retail for this model and feature list at $9235.00 and low retail at $7650.00. If the delamination is something good maintenance going forward will allow us to live with, how much should it affect the price? Is delamination likely figured into J D Power's prices for something this old?
Good morning,
Watch the "adds" when valuing travel trailers. There are generally not that many options that add real value to the unit. I am seeing NADA Used Retail at $7,300. This would assume that everything works and the overall condition would be solid. As some have said, delamination is generally a sign of other things going on.
Let us know how we can help.
Thank you,
Ken

As others have said, Mold is the biggest worry. Black mold will make you very sick. In a confined space like a trailer, mold is very bad news.
there are many stories on the web about RVs and mold damage. Even remediation doesn’t get it all in my opinion. Tenacious stuff. Even survives outer space on space craft.

there are tests for mold but you are betting your health on the accuracy of these

Delaminating is due to moisture causing the glue to separate. You don’t have to have a leak for this to happen. High humidity can cause it as well. When not in use I have a dehumidifier running in my Rv to help with that and keep it smelling fresh.

There are ways to fix delimitation and a few good DYI YouTube videos about it. I would fix it if you could, for me I have bought them delaminated, but I got them at a ridiculous low price.

Run, don't walk away. I've been shopping for many months now and everything that seems like it might be approaching a good deal has something wrong with it. Somethings (most things) are within my wheelhouse to fix, many of those (delamination for example) I don't want to devote the time to messing with at any price, even if it was given to me.

Latest resources

Back