Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340 hp
TOW/TOAD
2013 Subaru Crosstrek - manual, flat tow
Fulltimer
No
I think maybe only the rarest youngest die-hards camp this way these days, but when I was a child, we camped totally without power, and often without 'facilities'. I suppose it would be 'dispersed' camping now. Family of 6. We lived and ate well for the times. I don't recall many families having 'rigs' of any kind, but perhaps it's because of where we camped 🤣 . We scoffed at folks in KOA's.
My fav memory was our potty setup. We had a simple teepee that we called a ....PT (portable toilet) - we used this in places where we planned to stay a few days.
The boys got to work as soon as we selected a campsite, and would dig a deep hole, carefully piling the dirt beside it, and leaving a small shovel jabbed into the pile.
They set a campstool with a toilet seat over the hole. Then they set up the small teepee to enclose it, and I suppose they left tp inside also).
That was it. Do your business in privacy and comfort, and 'flush' by shoveling dirt over it when you're done.
But, I MUCH prefer my bear-proof, weather-proof, climate controlled setup we have now.

Latest resources

Back