• Commercial/Vendors welcome

DEVICES CERTIFIED FOR USE ON AT&T

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@lemondrop My device is on the AT&T IoT Marketplace list so clearly it's certified to work on the AT&T network. Do you have any insight regarding how to check to see if my device is acceptable for an AT&T consumer prepaid data only plan? I've not been able to find a way to check "compatibility" without having a SIM which I don't want to buy until I know my device will work on the "consumer" plan.

@lemondrop My device is on the AT&T IoT Marketplace list so clearly it's certified to work on the AT&T network. Do you have any insight regarding how to check to see if my device is acceptable for an AT&T consumer prepaid data only plan? I've not been able to find a way to check "compatibility" without having a SIM which I don't want to buy until I know my device will work on the "consumer" plan.
There is a lot of discussion on various forums regarding how AT&T manages the devices on their network on both consumer & business plans. With 5G being rolled out & the 'sun setting' of 3G plans by AT&T, there seems to be an additional layer of frustration added to the process.
While I am sure there are others with differing opinions, I would go to the AT&T website, select the plan which fits your needs & order the SIM online. Typically, you will be prompted for the IMEI of the device & the appropriate SIM arrives the next day. Insert the SIM in the device & power it up with the default settings & it should connect.
At least that has worked for me with my Peplink devices on AT&T & Verizon.
IMHO, the trouble comes when users try to use plans that are not intended for the device they want to use them in. I'm not saying they will not work in these devices, it just takes a little 'fooling around' to get them to work.

I've not been able to find a way to check "compatibility" without having a SIM which I don't want to buy until I know my device will work on the "consumer" plan.

I think the closest to what you're looking for is this:

Yes you need a SIM but it needs to be a new unactivated SIM which only costs a few dollars. These should work https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P2GPYQ5/?tag=rvf01-20 which are 2 for $6.85. I think they're even cheaper at Walmart etc. The ICCID has to start with 890141 which means it's AT&T prepaid.

Here's a valid SIM ICCID that you're welcome to try for the purpose of submitting the first step on that form. 89014104272133835673

Enter that number, your IMEI and zip code and see if you can get to the next page. It does some sort if IMEI compatibility check when you submit that first form because I've seen it return with an "Incompatible IMEI" message. My guess as that if it accepts the IMEI and gives you a choice of plans on the next page then it will probably work. In that case, you'll need to get your own SIM and start again. Don't signup with mine. I think I've lost that SIM so I don't feel any risk publishing it here. At that point you really need to risk $35 for 15GB or $55 for 100GB to see if it really does work. No guarantees on anything I'm saying here. :) I don't know if "passes the first form and probably works" means that it's "certified".

I find the att.com site to be totally confusing and generally a challenge to use. If you look for data only plans you end up here: That page has basic web user interface problems. If you scroll down to "Get started" and then "Have your own device", the "Activate it online" text with a right pointing arrow is not clickable. You need to click the title or the image.

As far as I can see, that $55 for 100GB is the best plan a non-business customer can get from AT&T. Of course 100GB is not really enough for many people.

I think the closest to what you're looking for is this:

Yes you need a SIM but it needs to be a new unactivated SIM which only costs a few dollars. These should work https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P2GPYQ5/?tag=rvf01-20 which are 2 for $6.85. I think they're even cheaper at Walmart etc. The ICCID has to start with 890141 which means it's AT&T prepaid.

Here's a valid SIM ICCID that you're welcome to try for the purpose of submitting the first step on that form. 89014104272133835673

Enter that number, your IMEI and zip code and see if you can get to the next page. It does some sort if IMEI compatibility check when you submit that first form because I've seen it return with an "Incompatible IMEI" message. My guess as that if it accepts the IMEI and gives you a choice of plans on the next page then it will probably work. In that case, you'll need to get your own SIM and start again. Don't signup with mine. I think I've lost that SIM so I don't feel any risk publishing it here. At that point you really need to risk $35 for 15GB or $55 for 100GB to see if it really does work. No guarantees on anything I'm saying here. :) I don't know if "passes the first form and probably works" means that it's "certified".

I find the att.com site to be totally confusing and generally a challenge to use. If you look for data only plans you end up here: That page has basic web user interface problems. If you scroll down to "Get started" and then "Have your own device", the "Activate it online" text with a right pointing arrow is not clickable. You need to click the title or the image.

As far as I can see, that $55 for 100GB is the best plan a non-business customer can get from AT&T. Of course 100GB is not really enough for many people.
lemondrop & tetranz Thanks for the details & insight. My pepwave device does show up on the AT&T IOT Marketplace so seems it's "certified" for their network, I just wasn't sure if they would allow it on a consumer prepaid data plan. I ran a test case tetranz suggestion and the site went to the second step so it appears I'll be good to go once I get a SIM unless of course I get rejected when I actually sign up, time will tell. Thanks for the assist.

Latest resources

Back