RV Length
43 ft
Chassis
Roadmaster RR10S
Engine
Cummins 400 ISL
TOW/TOAD
2010 Ext. Cab Silverado 4x4
I'm not 100% sure that's what I've got but I'm talking about the clear plastic protector film on the front of my Camelot from the bottom up to the windshield. There are different brands I think.

Has anyone taken their class A to a shop and had this removed and then replaced? I know it took a day to put on last year when I was having my body repairs done but I don't know how long it took to take off since I wasn't there.

Here's the thing, this stuff started coming loose on my trip home to IL from Gerzeny's in Sarasota. I called them when I got to my next stop and they said No problem, it's got a lifetime guarantee. I said Well it will have to be next fall when I come back to Florida because I have to get to IL. Sent them pictures and documented it with emails.
Well next fall is almost here. I'm trying to figure out my living accommodations while this is being done. Body shop manager isn't much help, he obviously doesn't know, he just says We'll make an appointment and I'll talk to them and see. Well I need an idea in advance. Also he's not been forthcoming with his sub contractor vendor who does this so I can't contact them. Last year at first he said they have vendors all over the country so maybe they can come to you in IL and do it, well that fell through, the vendor said No it has to be done here and in Gerzeny's shop.

So long story short I'm wondering how long a removal and replacement takes.

I've been emailing and calling this body shop manager for a month about this, no response. I was almost to the point of swearing at the poor receptionist.
Today I got a call back. Body shop manager quit, so he could give a damn about me.
New guy is looking into it all for me but we're starting from square one now. He'll have to dig out my files and everything. I just sent him pics of the failures and questions I need answered.

Once you can nail down an appointment, I would plan on 3-4 days even if they tell you it will only take two. Removal can be a lengthy process, although if they are removing newer stuff, it should go fairly quickly.

When my coach was in the paint shop for 3 days at the service center, I got a decent hotel about 15 miles away and just took a break from life, with my dog BTW which worked out just fine, for the most part.

Hey just an FYI I had it removed NOT under a warranty. He came to where I had my RV parked, started at ~8 am, two guys, removed the diamond shield (on my 7 year old coach); full wash and finished by ~4pm. However, it was NOT a warranty job. It was called "Ugly Shield Removal", he was based in Fort Meyers, looked great after. I chose not to reapply as it did not seem to help and honestly the front cab was the ugliest part of the coach, with moisture being captured under it, mold build up etc no matter how often I cleaned the coach. The rest of the coach held up great, so I blame it on a poor product and/or installation?

Hey just an FYI I had it removed NOT under a warranty. He came to where I had my RV parked, started at ~8 am, two guys, removed the diamond shield (on my 7 year old coach); full wash and finished by ~4pm. However, it was NOT a warranty job. It was called "Ugly Shield Removal", he was based in Fort Meyers, looked great after. I chose not to reapply as it did not seem to help and honestly the front cab was the ugliest part of the coach, with moisture being captured under it, mold build up etc no matter how often I cleaned the coach. The rest of the coach held up great, so I blame it on a poor product and/or installation?
I think this should come off easily since it's already falling off. It's only on the bottom up to the top of the generator door, had to be removed for the repairs and paint from where the idiot tow truck driver messed up my front end.
The top, original since 2007, it's in great shape. Also seems to be a lot thicker than what they put on the bottom this year.

Latest resources

Back