Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I typically don't use my 4 x DICA RoadWarrior RV jack pads as I have snap pads. However, last week I boondocked for a week on a grass field after a recent rain. To provide additional support I pulled out the DICA RV jack pads and used them. When packing up Sunday after 7 days I noticed almost all of them were warped, one was cracked, and the material looking brittle. I sent an email to DICA to see how this will be handled. It is inside of the 5 year warranty. I'll follow up once I hear back from them.

IMG_4110.png
IMG_4111.png

Got a call from them today, very responsive which is nice. Had a few emails for more pictures then a phone call to discuss. My pads have a center mark which indicate the jack putting more pressure at the center as if there was no pad on the bottom of the jack which has never been the case. This marking may have occurred from the first use which was prior to installing RV snap pads which have been on to date. Regardless, I've used them as advertised, he did mention paying attention to which side is used and flip them each time, i.e. use label up one time, next time use label down. In the end they are replacing the two that are cracked and/or warped. There was some caution about use on wet grounds which I didn't care to dispute, that's the purpose of having these I believe. But some places want you to use them even on solid surfaces to help protect the surface so if you don't have any, it is smart to have something on board should a location require them.

Latest resources

Back