Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Dicor roofing breaking down after 5 yrs. Anybody else having these issues.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rvp0rvsc

RVF Newbee
Dicor roofing breaking down after 5 yrs. Anybody else having these issues.
We are the original owners of a 2017 Heartland Big Country 5th wheel and are now experiencing issues with our rubber roof. We have reviewed the Heartland website and it appears that there is a 12 year Dicor warranty on the roofing. We have had a certified RV technician review our roof and have found it is peeling, flaking, sticky and spongy. You can see every step you take while on the roof. We have been informed that the issues with our roof seems to be a factory defect. We have had professional services every year in cleaning and sealing our roof so we absolutely feel this is not our fault for the roof failure.
Dicor response
What you are seeing is the color coating is losing its chemical bond from the black rubber membrane that protects the roof. Thankfully, this will not cause the roof to leak and is an aesthetics issue.
Since you are past year 5 of ownership there would be no allotment for labor. However, we would be happy to provide you with a new membrane and installation kit at no charge.

Supposedly Dicor roofing was to have a 12 yr warranty. Not sure what that warranty covers but obviously it’s not to help with labor costs to fix which is very expensive. Anyone else getting this run around.

After 18 months mine has shown some wear. I get up on my roof about every 60 days and inspect everything. So far no touch-up has been required.

Tip: if you are generally keeping your unit in warm sunny areas 12 months out of the year you might want to start coating all your roof plastic and pvc covers and skylights with 303. I try to coat them every couple of months so they don't get brittle. Not a big fan of replacing any of those covers within the first 10 years of so.

Latest resources

Back