Forest River
RV Model
Palomino Puma unleashed 383ss
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
F350
Fulltimer
Yes
I was talking with a friend in Pennsylvania and they offered some moochdocking. I thought cool, might as well go take a look to make sure my rig will fit and hang out for a little while. Well this morning it was brought to my attention that theres a diesel shortage in some places? My friend actually converts to veggie oil during the summer. Anyone knowledgeable about veggie oil vs biodiesel. I know I should know my stuff by now but I think I was asleep during that part of my learning. :-|

Thoughts?

I would be extremely careful what you run through that F350.

Anything with Def, dpf, and related components should not run veggie oil without doing the proper refining. I looked into this and the costs where prohibitive, even with free oil.

No shortage of diesel in the Far West, at least yet. We fueled in Oregon and Montana yesterday and no issues. The prices seem to have bumped up a bit, but not too bad; $2.49 in Oregon and $2.96 in Montana.

TJ

Apparently the hiccup/shortage was caused by the Colonial Pipeline being hacked or something. Of course panic buying is the big Issue. It’s affecting the southeast mostly.

I definitely won’t run anything through my truck without making sure. I love my truck.

Anyways so we took just the truck on a road trip to Pennsylvania to scope the area. It was actually nice, kinda like getting out of the house for a few days. I know the point is to take the RV with you but it really has just become our apartment. Price wise it’s cheaper to leave it there and rent a room then it is dragging it with us. But that’s because it takes twice a long to get anywhere (I limit my travel speed and time while pulling it), it takes almost twice as much gas and I still have to pay nightly lot rent to plug it in. I really need to get someone to come wire up some batteries and panels for me so I don’t have to worry as much about where we stop for the night.

Either way it’s been a fun trip and I’m looking forward to going back to our apartment when we’re done.

I do believe Pennsylvania has been one of the prettiest states I’ve been in since leaving the western foothills of the Cascades in Oregon. And they have my favorite beer from home.

Latest resources

Back