RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Entegra
RV Model
29V
RV Length
Hello fellow travels.
We are entertaining the idea of "redoing" the dinette cushions in our Class C RV.
We just got back from a 2 month trip and I feel that the are way too soft when you sit on them for too long ( like 10 minutes)
Has anyone ever done anything with their dinette cushions to make them firmer?
Thanks
L

In our old Forester we took the dinette cushions to a local shop that specialized in recovering furniture etc.

They replaced the foam with new / better and they were much more comfortable after that.

Similar situation with our sofa. We found a local furniture refinishing shop, selected new, firmer foam and they cut to size and stuffed them into the covers.

Thanks to both of you. We like to do what we can ourselves when possible. This seems like a job best left for the professionals. I'll check out places in town.
Thanks!!
L

Hello fellow travels.
We are entertaining the idea of "redoing" the dinette cushions in our Class C RV.
We just got back from a 2 month trip and I feel that the are way too soft when you sit on them for too long ( like 10 minutes)
Has anyone ever done anything with their dinette cushions to make them firmer?
Thanks
L
The real problem is the support under the cushions. If you don't intend on using the dinette to sleep anyone then firming up the foam can work at least some. Foam has many makeups, firm, firm that is porous! Once I went to a supplier in KC, that had a wall full of samples.

I was doing a jackknifing sofa. I chose a firm porous foam great to sit on!! But lousy to sleep on!

I built the sofa in my fifth. Understanding that the base should flex helped make a useful comfortable sofa to sleep on, or sit on. The foam is a medium durometer foam with a medium latex 3 inch topper. Just as important is a lumbar support on the backs, and a usable inclination.

Good luck on your endeavor!!!

Latest resources

Back