Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
We will be replacing our dinette with one that will allow more office functionality. And today, Trish asked me what I thought about replacing it completely and installing a desk and office setup instead. On one hand, that would certainly make my life much easier, but giving up any chance of a group dinner setting could be problematic. Also, wondering what it would do with respect to resell value?

I removed my jack knife sofa and put in my 72 inch updesk as shown in this thread. It is an awesome office setup but I dislike that it removed the social aspect from my coach with opposing couches. I used this setup probably a year and reinstalled the jack knife sofa and use the dinette for my office and dining.

One thing I don't do much is eat outside. So that's an option for the social gatherings, just dine outside as we probably should be doing haha.

Just think it through as I had a great solution but it came with a downside. It's something I can easily swap and it's not permanent. But likely will keep it as is after losing the social aspect which is important to have, for me.

I removed my jack knife sofa and put in my 72 inch updesk as shown in this thread. It is an awesome office setup but I dislike that it removed the social aspect from my coach with opposing couches. I used this setup probably a year and reinstalled the jack knife sofa and use the dinette for my office and dining.

One thing I don't do much is eat outside. So that's an option for the social gatherings, just dine outside as we probably should be doing haha.

Just think it through as I had a great solution but it came with a downside. It's something I can easily swap and it's not permanent. But likely will keep it as is after losing the social aspect which is important to have, for me.
Ah yes, I remember that thread now! I think that I would hate to give up the televator, or more aptly put, Trish wouldn't want to give it up. And I would hate to have my back to her. She can be dangerous at times, and I feel belter being able to keep an eye on her. :)

Following this thread as this is one of the key deficient areas in RVs - the dinette seems to be an area that needs better flexibility for multi function. Have noodled ideas of changing the table top to be flexible height (like the uplift desk) and a movable monitor arm to allow a quick push to move against the wall - allowing for a 15 second change from office to dining.

We took ours out then used the foldable coffee tables when eating. When I sold the RV the setup was a good selling point. It allowed more casual sitting area for a larger group.

Attachments

• IMG_0834.jpeg
    IMG_0834.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0835.jpeg
    IMG_0835.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 33
Saundra loved looking at the new models! She had to drag me to a show!

But as I recall the salesmen showing such a feature, always made a big deal of it! I doubt it would hurt the value if done right!

I know if a work space is important to you, a conversion/double use space converted everytime you need it is a PITA!

Further more, if I wanted to converse with others, I pull up a chair,or couple of them, outside so my neighbors know I am available and not wanting to be alone! I in turn respect others privacy.

Seems to me you like places with gazebos! Duh!!!

@Neal, it's fine with me if you want to combine this thread with SteveMA's.

Latest resources

Back