• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Lhlee14

RVF Newbee
We have direct TV in our home. Question:
Can we take our direct TV receiver from home and hook it up to the smart tv in our fifth wheel?
If so, do we notify direct TV of address change then?
Thanks

I did years ago. I had a dish on a tripod and just took a receiver from home. Seems I had to call and tell them I was taking it. It was always a pain finding a signal. I sold the dish. We have thought about a dish on our Concord but have not bought yet.

We have direct TV in our home. Question:
Can we take our direct TV receiver from home and hook it up to the smart tv in our fifth wheel?
If so, do we notify direct TV of address change then?
Thanks
Not worth the effort. Just buy a tailgater and for an additional $7.00 ( I think it is ) you can have the same service in your RV as you do at home. And the tailgater will search out the satellites automatically.

We've been doing that for over 25 years now - we have 2 receivers that go with us when we're in the RV. Can't see paying for receivers to sit idle at home while we're out, and paying for receivers that sit idle in the RV when we're home. We've never had to get permission from DirecTV, even back when they required a phone line connection to the receivers. We lose our local stations when we go farther north than Redmond, Or or farther south than Pomona, Ca but then we normally don't watch locals anyway.

Latest resources

Back