Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Larry Woodward

RVF Regular
I have the automated direct tv dish on the motorhome but since we are only out about 2 or 3 months a year don’t want a full subscription. Is there much to converting the dish satellite to dish network so I can get pay as you go?

Hi Larry,
I converted my Winegard DTV antenna on the roof to DISH. You can call Winegard and they will tell you which one you need. It took me about 40 minutes.

Hi Larry,
I converted my Winegard DTV antenna on the roof to DISH. You can call Winegard and they will tell you which one you need. It took me about 40 minutes.
@Buly ... I had read that you did this conversion on another thread. I am thinking of doing this also and was just wondering a rough idea of the cost and difficulty. Electronics are not my strong suite.

FLSteve

Steve,
The installation is very simple. No need for electronics knowledge. Just few bolts and screws. There is a video
The kit was $362.30 incl. shipping.

The other thing you will need is a Wally receiver for about $80-100.
After that I hired a technician to come and activate it (about $150)

Last edited:
@Buly ... thanks for the quick response. That video should really make it doable for me. I also have DirecTV at my house so need to see if they have any "specials" to convert the house to Dish.

Thanks again.
FLSteve

Latest resources

Back