Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 450hp
TOW/TOAD
2022 RAM 1500 4X4
Fulltimer
No
When we bought our DS I had the dealer add a Winegard Trav’ler and the Hopper2 I had in the old 5th wheel.

My DS has 4 Sony TV’s, the one in the bedroom has been unplugged.

When you push the TV button on the Dish remote any one or all 3 tv’s may turn on. We finally put a switched surge protector on the outside TV to control it.

The Hopper is wired into all 3 TV’s through the splitter.

Has anyone found an effective way to control especially the 2 front tv’s so that they individually selectable?

Has anyone found an effective way to control especially the 2 front tv’s so that they individually selectable?

Not so much "individually selectable", but preventing the front TV from coming on with the passenger side televator TV...I use a small piece of black electrical tape over the sensor/receiver on the front TV. On mine, it is the lower left corner. On the RARE occasion that I would use the front TV, I simply remove the tape. As for the outside TV, it remains unplugged until it is used.

Home theater setups are always complicated! HDMI connected devices can be setup with the ARC feature or HDMI control I think are the terms that will automatically turn on HDMI connected devices. So if you're using a home theater receiver I suggest check the configuration in its menus. Also on the TV's check the configurations which can be called CEC I believe or any other options for HDMI control. I think there is a setting in the Sony TV menus that tell it the HDMI control type functionality.

The dish remote TV on/off should be IR only so it is not what's turning on TV's not in IR line of sight. The front zone is hard as usually the Televator and front TV will come on at the same time due to reflection. I'll carefully point or block the other when I turn off one of the two.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back