Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Do plastic shower spigot valves have advantages over metal for an RV?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LookingRound

RVF Regular
It seems most are plastic but I'm seeing some metal ones too. My plastic one, on the RV I just got, seems to have a leak behind the knobs. Is the weight of the metal a problem when mounted on that plastic. In my case, this RV won't be moved much at all. The spigot that's in here now just goes straight to the shower head. Thanks for any tips on the best way forward.

Price is the only advantage! Quality is never a disadvantage, thus the reason household equipment always replaces RV junk, by me.

This method is know as "one and done".

I see your point. However finding very few metal ones on Amazon. This G-Sunny All Metal RV Shower only has 135 reviews vs many thousand of the other. ?

Last edited:
I see your point. However finding very few metal ones on Amazon. This G-Sunny All Metal RV Shower only has 135 reviews vs many thousand of the other. ?

And you just emphasized my point!!! Forget the big box crap, and check out a business that specializes in remodeling bathrooms and kitchens. That is where custom builders go!!!

It seems most are plastic but I'm seeing some metal ones too. My plastic one, on the RV I just got, seems to have a leak behind the knobs. Is the weight of the metal a problem when mounted on that plastic. In my case, this RV won't be moved much at all. The spigot that's in here now just goes straight to the shower head. Thanks for any tips on the best way forward.
Buy brass faucets and you will not be unhappy. I purchased a new one that was supposed to be high end at a big box and it was junk. I went to e-trailer and I have since replace all my faucets with chrome and brass faucets. These are designed to increase pressure and take bouncing down the road. Yes they are more expensive but they are worth it, e-trailer has been awesome to work with as well. Our bathroom faucet had a flaw in the chrome plating on the spout and no questions a new one was overnighted to me.

Buy brass faucets and you will not be unhappy. I purchased a new one that was supposed to be high end at a big box and it was junk. I went to e-trailer and I have since replace all my faucets with chrome and brass faucets. These are designed to increase pressure and take bouncing down the road. Yes they are more expensive but they are worth it, e-trailer has been awesome to work with as well. Our bathroom faucet had a flaw in the chrome plating on the spout and no questions a new one was overnighted to me.
By the way, which model did you buy that you liked? Thanks

The only relevant number is the on center holes for the supplies. Models will come in many finishes and that is up to you.

Latest resources

Back