• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Do You Have A Dashcam Recommendation?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We have been using the DR900S-1 for nearly a year and it works quite well.

We've had a bit of difficulty keeping it mounted on the windshield, however, but that was on me. I tried to use the included "sticky tape" mounting adhesive and it didn't hold. I then used some heavy-duty Velcro, but didn't remove the "sticky tape" from the mount (thinking the Velcro would stick to it). It failed again.

Now. I have removed the "sticky tape" completely from the mount and applied the Velcro directly to the bare metal mount. It now seems fine.

My recommendation is to remove the "sticky tape" right off the bat and go directly with heavy-duty Velcro or other fastening material.

TJ
Thanks Jim, I'm having the same issue and I'll give Velcro a try. Happy Holidays

99% of the time it is the GPS that you will be using and that will provide value when driving your RV. I have been using the Garmin 760 for 4 years and it is designed for RV and pro trucker use and provides for routing based on the length of your RV and whether you are towing a trailer and its length. It shows current speed limit where you are driving and provides advance alerts when entering a reduced speed zone as with schools and fire stations. Easy to download and update the maps year to year.

Where I saw dash camera in widespread use was in China and with all their novice drivers who are even worse than the drivers one encounters in the USA (though not anywhere near as aggressive as American drivers who are the worst in the world in this respect). Think back over your entire life as a driver and how many times a dash camera would have been useful and whether a front view would have been enough. I had an elderly man drive into the rear of my SUV and a dash camera showing the front of SUV would have been worthless. His wife was in the car and she swore to the deputy that I had stopped suddenly and caused the accident and the deputy wrote up the report that way. Cost me $3500 to get the charges dropped by the corrupt DA in Monterey CA and I had to hire an attorney and a private investigator (who found that the deputy's report includes a good deal of information that was made up and not supported by actual witness statements).

99% of the time it is the GPS that you will be using and that will provide value when driving your RV. I have been using the Garmin 760 for 4 years and it is designed for RV and pro trucker use and provides for routing based on the length of your RV and whether you are towing a trailer and its length. It shows current speed limit where you are driving and provides advance alerts when entering a reduced speed zone as with schools and fire stations. Easy to download and update the maps year to year.

Where I saw dash camera in widespread use was in China and with all their novice drivers who are even worse than the drivers one encounters in the USA (though not anywhere near as aggressive as American drivers who are the worst in the world in this respect). Think back over your entire life as a driver and how many times a dash camera would have been useful and whether a front view would have been enough. I had an elderly man drive into the rear of my SUV and a dash camera showing the front of SUV would have been worthless. His wife was in the car and she swore to the deputy that I had stopped suddenly and caused the accident and the deputy wrote up the report that way. Cost me $3500 to get the charges dropped by the corrupt DA in Monterey CA and I had to hire an attorney and a private investigator (who found that the deputy's report includes a good deal of information that was made up and not supported by actual witness statements).
I thought you were ALWAYS liable when you rear-end someone ... It‘s the driver’s responsibility to maintain safe distance, and pay attention. That’s weird.

Latest resources

Back