Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
With my new biking adventure ahead with a Trek Powerfly 4 E-Bike I figured it would be better if I could figure out a way to take Elli with me. I hate leaving her behind in the crate so I bought one of these.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003F76Y5U/?tag=rvf01-20

Well, it arrived and I paid the stupid tax and arranged for a UPS pickup, it's big and it's heavy. At the moment I have zero room to store something like this so it had to go back. I'm not even sure it would work on my new bike, I'll have to check. But who here has tried a cart for their dog to pull behind their bike?

dog-cart.png

Why don’t you just run her beside you? That’s what we do with Toby. Makes him nice and tired

It may not end well. She’s only 1 and solid muscle. May turn my bike into a Class 3 though!

You’d be surprised. Toby is just 1 year and while I make him work for it, my wife just takes him for leisure rides on her beach cruiser. He’s totally fine at a moderate pace with no real pulling except when he needs to go right that second.

with just a few rides, you’ll be biking together pretty happily.

I may have to try it. It would be good to get her energy out. She goes to the large dog park daily here with a dozen or so dogs and loves it. Wears her out. After I leave here in a week I'm going to have a problem on my hands. This may be the answer.

If you have to do a shorter ride, get her a vest and drop some weights in it. Seriously. Turns that 1-mile run into a 3 miler. She’s young, she needs that exercise!

Just be careful you don't run her/him too much at one time.
I was naive in thinking my Black Lab could keep a decent pace for a 7 mile loop at a park.
Even with taking several breaks and going slow it was too much for him and he normally runs alot off leash in the woods and is very muscular.
However I do see those carts on local bike trails often, esp. with the smaller dogs

Last edited:
Yup! I like it. I had mine on a trailer behind the bike.

IMG_20150628_140458.jpg

Latest resources

Back