RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Willys
Anticipating AC replacement in the next year. Currently have Penguin ll heat pumps 15k and hardly use the heat. (floor heat and Oasis) Has anyone had experience with their Brisk units? I know they sit about 3 inches higher, but I've heard they are quieter, they have a better availability and they are cheaper. Seems to be a shortage on the penguins now.

Make sure the mounting pattern (holes, opening etc. ) matches the old one, Or it could be an expensive can of worms?

Thanks, that is a very valid point. From what little I've read about them, (Haven't really dug into it as mine are still working) they're supposed to have the same footprint. I'll check with dometic to validate. I'd put up with a little higher unit if it were quieter or more efficient.

I looked into this as I had many failures on my 2013, and then again 2 failures on my 2019. What I discovered is the air split for the newmar ducting was not compatible. The ducting is split with half as return and half as supply. There is a weird shaped gasket that newmar has made for the Dometic units that keeps these separated. It doesn't match up to other models available--at least not that I could confirm. No one had 2 for me to compare side by side, so I didn't get a chance to try to rig something in.

The new Furion system is the route I would go if doing it now. This is directly compatible with the Dometic controllers, so the CCC2/KIB/AGS/Silverleaf controls would all work. Still, I do not know about the mounting holes, and exhaust/return.

I seem to remember you having AC problems on other posts a while ago. I'll check into that option. I'm sure there is an adapter or way to make one for the airflow and or mounting.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back