Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Dometic fridge issues while long term RV living.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jfrench590

RVF Newbee
Hello all,

new to the RV living lifestyle currently in a jayco 32bhds , everything is going well I just have one gripe, also wanted to see if anyone else has a similar issue. Our fridge works great most of the time. But for some reason once every couple months it just stops cooling. Everything functions as far as burners (electric and propane) fridge throws no faults on the outside it looks just fine and seems to operate fine but won’t cool. The only solution I’ve found is to move the trailer when this happens take it around the block or down the road a few mile. Put it back in its spot (a level concrete pad on my property with full hookups) and it starts to cool again. I’ve heard sometimes these things need burping and a drive helps but I’m kinda over losing food once every couple months and having to move the trailer. Seeing if anyone else has had this issue or knows a fix if not I’ll just go residential

Hello all,

new to the RV living lifestyle currently in a jayco 32bhds , everything is going well I just have one gripe, also wanted to see if anyone else has a similar issue. Our fridge works great most of the time. But for some reason once every couple months it just stops cooling. Everything functions as far as burners (electric and propane) fridge throws no faults on the outside it looks just fine and seems to operate fine but won’t cool. The only solution I’ve found is to move the trailer when this happens take it around the block or down the road a few mile. Put it back in its spot (a level concrete pad on my property with full hookups) and it starts to cool again. I’ve heard sometimes these things need burping and a drive helps but I’m kinda over losing food once every couple months and having to move the trailer. Seeing if anyone else has had this issue or knows a fix if not I’ll just go residential
Yeah if you can get it out you can flip it upside down for a day or two. Done it a couple of times and it worked.

I went residential myself.

Latest resources

Back