Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Larry Woodward

RVF Regular
On Newmar Dutch star pressing the number one on key pad twice the bottom lock goes down and this was locking the door. Then to enter I used my key pad to unlock. Now when locking the door the bottom lock goes down and the under bays all lock. Problem is that you can open the door without using keypad. I’ve had to resort to using my key on the upper lock when leaving the bus.

Larry - I’m not sure I understand the issue, but you should be able to press and hold the “1” button and both the entrance door and the basement compartments should lock. To unlock you enter your code and then press one of the buttons to unlock the entrance and/or compartments locks. I always just press 1. Is holding the “1” button no longer locking the doors? You had mention pressing the “1” button twice. I’m not familiar with that capability.

Larry - I’m not sure I understand the issue, but you should be able to press and hold the “1” button and both the entrance door and the basement compartments should lock. To unlock you enter your code and then press one of the buttons to unlock the entrance and/or compartments locks. I always just press 1. Is holding the “1” button no longer locking the doors? You had mention pressing the “1” button twice. I’m not familiar with that capability.
Yep, that’s the way it was working. Now the bottom red button does lock down holding the one button but the door will open from the outside without even using the code. What I’m reading on line is perhaps a lever is bent inside the lock. The electrical all seems to be working. Thanks for the reply.

Latest resources

Back