Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
2022 FR Wildcat 5th wheel. Maybe the places where I park but, on a trip and today is the second location where my door doesn’t want to latch closed. The ground is dirt and gravel. I performed “auto level”. At the other park (3 days ago) had same issue. As soon as I closed slide outs and re-hoooked to the truck the door worked great. Works great if on cement.

Do you put wood or leveling pads of some sort under your levelers?

Yes. I always put down the yellow plastic Lego looking squares. I try to vary the number of squares under each leg depending on visual assessment of parking spots level.

Verify level with the bump outs in, and then put them out and check level again. If its level(and the door works) and the bump outs warp the body enough to mess up the door, you need to figure out which way to put additional jacks in to "unwarp" the body. Or take it someplace and figure out why it is twisting so badly. I have read of people putting additional jacks under their units to stabilize them better.

:unsure: Got it. Will try this.

Also check your door. I have a problem with mine where the hinge screws on the top bracket keep backing out, causing it to not close. I have added several additional screws to mine, but the issue continues. I am now checking the screws every other day and tightening them down as needed.

Eddie

Fill the screw holes with J B Weld and before it cures, run the screws in and let it sit overnight.

Bob

Fill the screw holes with J B Weld and before it cures, run the screws in and let it sit overnight.

Bob
Won't that prevent them from being able to be removed, if needed - unless you run them i9n and take them out to let it cure; then put them back in?

JB Weld is no more than a hard breed of plastic epoxy. Yes, it will form in the threads and it will form to the irregular inside of the existing screw hole, which is why the original screws in the original hole won't stay tight.

One can remove the screws if and as necessary. I didn't say it would be easy. That is why it will prevent the screws from backing out. The original screws are just into a thin aluminum frame and are likely in slightly oversize holes from vibration and road stress on the frame.

Bob

Latest resources

Back