RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Willys
After 7 great years with the DS traveling a good part of the nation, we had thoughts of shortening our trips to a month or two at a time and go with a smaller RV to be able to access small state parks. The DS is in need of tires and I figured if we were going to swap, now would be the time. We hadn't been in the coach since we got home last November and it's been sitting in our back yard since. Started looking around at new upper tier class C and B+ motorhomes and ran into a big dose of reality. First, we drove to a manufacturer, Coach House which is a quality custom builder of Class C's in Nokomis and has an MSRP of over 240k and we would have to order one and wait since their production is out 18 months! We looked at the coach and started thinking, "where are we going to put all the stuff we have in the bins"? Then we went inside and I immediately knew we were either going to have to rethink everything we have learned about traveling and staying at parks, or I would have to leave the dog and wife at home. :oops: Checked a couple other dealers in the area and the stuff they had just wasn't up to par and pricey to boot. Got back home, opened up the slides on the DS, and was reminded of the difference in room, fit and finish, and livability. Long story short, we're putting new tires on and staying with what we have. I don't know what I was thinking, but to contemplate switching to a smaller coach, I realized we would have to give up too many of the features we've been spoiled by. First world problems...

So a New Aire is out??

Sounds very, very familar...even down to the Coach House class C! As I posted, our downsizing from the Ventana 3412 failed...we ended up with a Super Star 3727!

Safe Travels.

So a New Aire is out??
If we got the 35', it would be basically the same as what we have optioned out on our coach sans some electronic systems which I'm trying to get away from anyway. The 33' has the smaller engine which I wouldn't want. All that, + the cost difference is no bueno. I actually just finished washing the DS as I have a new love for it!
20230211_085447.jpg

If we got the 35', it would be basically the same as what we have optioned out on our coach sans some electronic systems which I'm trying to get away from anyway. The 33' has the smaller engine which I wouldn't want. All that, + the cost difference is no bueno. I actually just finished washing the DS as I have a new love for it!View attachment 16889
Personally, I think you made a good move. It's a beautiful coach!

DOWNSIZING.....

Doubt I could do that! Everyone has their own idea, but, I'm spoiled with the bath & 1/2 (hers/mine;))!
To me, our 38' coach is about ideal size. Fairly roomy, comfortable, yet fairly maneuverable, can actually get into & out of State Parks (a bit tight). And a pleasure to drive!
Guess I'm old & spoiled!:)

You have a beautiful coach and have made nice improvements over the years. It fits nicely in most RV parks and won't be an eyesore anywhere. Good decision to keep it!

DOWNSIZING.....

Doubt I could do that! Everyone has their own idea, but, I'm spoiled with the bath & 1/2 (hers/mine;))!
To me, our 38' coach is about ideal size. Fairly roomy, comfortable, yet fairly maneuverable, can actually get into & out of State Parks (a bit tight). And a pleasure to drive!
Guess I'm old & spoiled!:)
You and me both! This issue usually crops up after the Tampa show. :rolleyes:

October, lets downsize from our 40' 5th wheel to a class c, went to dealership, walked in one class c, not the room we were used to, looked out the window and saw a 2023 DS. long story short, DS is now in my driveway waiting for our first trip, very excited

October, lets downsize from our 40' 5th wheel to a class c, went to dealership, walked in one class c, not the room we were used to, looked out the window and saw a 2023 DS. long story short, DS is now in my driveway waiting for our first trip, very excited
WELCOME to the NEWMAR family!!
Enjoy your "DS"!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back