Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
450 hp Cummins
TOW/TOAD
3017 Colorado
Fulltimer
No
We left Tucumcari yesterday at 7:30A. The DPF filter had shown 98% at shutdown the evening before. I attempted a regen and couldn’t get it to engage. Upon reaching cruising speed(71-72) I checked the DL and it was showing about 1100f. One hour into the trip the temp was back down to 600-700f. The soot threshold was 20%. These numbers stayed consistent for the next six hours. To note, I have been driving the first hour in fifth gear and then shifting to sixth. I saw no real change in readings throughout the trip. In fifth gear the RPMs are at about 2100. In sixth gear about 1825. I will try to fill in more holes on the testing matrix in the future.

Sounds like a sucessful active regen in a system working properly. Curious why your attempt at a forced regen failed. How were you trying to do it?

I tried going through the screen and the key below the screen. Either way it would not let me to the actuator line

Diesel Laptops hand held? I’ll look at mine tomorrow and go through the process and see if I can figure that out. It should do it any time. They also have very responsive tech help.

Yes. I went back and looked at the soot load and time since regen and according to that page a regen was completed. It was about ten total minutes and the engine never idled up. I didn’t look at the temp data stream. Then the regen started minutes after I got on the road the next morning

Latest resources

Back