Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

lmadsen

RVF Regular
There are two lines that both look like ll drain lines on my 2021 Thor Outlaw. One is red and one is blue. I know that the red one drains the system but not sure what the blue one drains. I am assuming it may have something to do with the hot water system but not sure. Please help if anyone knows. Thank you.

Drain lines are not usually color coded like that. Color coded lines are usually supply lines. Also if they are PEX they are almost certainly not a drain line, unless they are for draining the supply lines themselves for winterizing. Even so, it’s unlikely they’d be color coded.

I think you're looking at your hot and cold water supply lines, not drain lines.

Wher4e are these lines? If they are under the coach they are likely you low point drains. On my Forester, they were red and blue and were under the coach.

I agree with @AbdRahim Red is hot blue is cold. The color is not important. The color is mostly for hook-up reasons and any color will do. Mine are all white, of course I did my own work so one roll is better than two.

My thinking is keeping the color code is good if your rig is set-up to use in the winter but don't need the water heater you could shut off the line to the heater and drain the hot water lines.

Although you can drain the lines with the low point drains I would not rely on opening these drains alone. I would blow out the lines as part of winterizing.

Latest resources

Back