Chassis
Ford F-53, 26,000GVWR
Engine
Ford V-10
TOW/TOAD
2017 Gmc Terrain & 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR-2
Fulltimer
No
Okay, I have a new 2020 Canyon Star which has a Bose Sound Bar below each TV!
Now for the Dumb Question: HOW DO I GET THEM TO WORK? I've read the instructions, thought I followed them, but nothing happens. I know they work, because they did at Newmar when I was there for CPU.
And YES, I'm technology challenged also, which makes bad matters worse for me! So, can someone possibly provide SIMPLE instructions or help?? Thanks!!

My father once told me: "the only dumb question is the one you don't ask" :)

I would get the user manual for your TV and the Bose. Soundbars can connect to TV's in various ways, the preferred is an optical cable (direct connection) but you can also route the HDMI through it or sometimes use a bluetooth connection but I don't know that TV's use bluetooth, I could be wrong.

So you'd have to first see if they are connected via a cable such as HDMI or optical (digital) cable. Then it's probably just a matter of putting the soundbar in the right mode (direct connect, etc.) and changing the sources while the TV is on and make sure the volume is up on the soundbar, the TV may or may not control the soundbar volume depending on how it's connected.

Your father was right, Neal!

As for the Bose sound bar, we have also struggled with it. Frankly, we wish it had never been installed and are strongly considering removing it.

It has been challenging, to say the least, to get it to work with our TV. Despite the best efforts of a technology-challenged "dinosaur," we have been unable to get the three remotes (Sony TV, DISH Wally and Bose) to integrate into one. We have to use all three to get things turned on and working...sort of. You can't use both the TV sound and the Bose sound bar simultaneously because the delay between the two creates an echo.

There must be a better way!

TJ

I have seen something that it is a setting on the TV itself...look in the setting menu for something like “external speakers’

I have seen something that it is a setting on the TV itself...look in the setting menu for something like “external speakers’

Good call, the Sounds section typically has the speaker options.

Home theater is incredibly painful. I never get it setup right, it takes YEARS!

It is incredibly painful...especially painful when your undergrad is in electrical engineering and think you’re supposed to know this stuff. I struggle with WiFi & routers, too. But let’s just say when I took programming in college, I had to punch my code into a key punch machine and run it through a card reader to the mainframe ...

I'm sure that it is probably something in the settings, but the problem is twofold; finding where it is and understanding what it does. We have been through the settings menu many times and it is just a maze that never leads anywhere.

I shouldn't need to be a super-techie just to use the TV and sound system. As I said earlier, there must be a better way!

TJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back