Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

gharris

RVF Newbee
I recently had new Michelins put on my Dutchstar 4369 and I notice that they had pressure set at fronts (365/70r22.5) at 100 psi and the rears (315/80r22.5) at 110 including tags. On previous tires and on sticker in coach it recommends 125 psi on fronts and 85 psi on rears including tags. So I am confused since I always ran them at the suggested pressure. Can anyone help.

You need to weigh, but on my 2019 DutchStar the front was 110 and rear 85

I would do what your coach recommends and never below it. Your placard would have the weighs on each axle which would determine what pressure to run. Now that’s before you load it up. I looked up a chart for you on pressures.

Attachments

• IMG_0850.jpeg
    IMG_0850.jpeg
    704.2 KB · Views: 6
="redbaron, post: 121331, member: 21"]
[/QUOTE]
That’s what I ran on my old Michelins and seemed fine. Thank you

I would do what your coach recommends and never below it. Your placard would have the weighs on each axle which would determine what pressure to run. Now that’s before you load it up. I looked up a chart for you on pressures.
Thank you for the info.

The placard is not a good source of information, just as neither is the recommendation from a previous coach or one similar to yours.

The only safe way to know the correct pressure is to weigh your coach loaded for travel. You pack things different than I do, and that weight may make a difference.

Based on the charts you wont be much off, but it’s the best way to know.

Using a cat scale is simple and all you need to do. 4 corner weights are harder to come by and don’t provide different data regarding tire pressure. If your close to upper limits then move up to next
Pressure group.

Both my 2018 and 2023 4369 were the same , 110 front , 85 all rears
Based on the chart 85 was the minimum for rears

It’s also worth saying, try 125 front on a bad road like the 40 in AZ and then 110, you should notice. Big difference in ride quality

Definitely get the 4 corner weight then check the charts for your tires.

Our coach came at 125 front and 115 rear.

After the 4 corner weight the charts said we could go to 120 front and 110 rear. Not much but would be good for the weight and a little better ride.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back